An integrative program to assess and treat women with benign (noncancerous) breast issues as well as women diagnosed with breast cancer. Our comprehensive breast care program is balanced by a caring, compassionate approach that you have come to know at St.Vincent. We utilize available technologies (tomosynthesis, breast MRI, MarginProbe, and SAVI scout localization) to offer our patients the most up-to-date care available. We are also dedicated to identifying women at high risk for breast cancer and offering them surveillance strategies and methods to decrease their risk of developing a breast cancer over their lifetime.
What sets us apart:
- First in Indiana to offer breast surgery patients the SAVI SCOUT® breast localization and surgical guidance system.
- New innovative technology to improve breast cancer detection with 3-D mammography (tomosynthesis)
- 3-D breast biopsies
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Individualized risk assessment to help prevent breast cancer through our high-risk program
- One of the first in the state to offer MarginProbe technology to assess lumpectomy margins, making it less likely that a woman will need more surgery after lumpectomy
- St. Vincent utilizes a strong multidisciplinary approach designed to best tailor an individualized treatment approach for each patient’s breast cancer. There is a strong team dynamic which leads to coordinated care. This comprehensive team includes medical oncology, breast surgery, plastic surgery, radiation oncology, pathology, radiology and genetic counselors. This specialized team approach is beneficial as it provides the patient with the opinion of a group of specialists. This team review explores all of the treatment options and reaches consensus on the best option for the patient.
Scope of services:
- Surgical management of breast cancer
- Surgical management of non-cancerous breast nodules
- Management of abnormal nipple discharge
- Evaluation and management of breast pain
- Management of breast infections (mastitis)
- Management of inflammatory breast disease
- Evaluation and management of patients at increased risk for developing breast cancer (based on personal or family history)
- Evaluation of women with dense breast tissue