The St. Vincent Pelvic Health Program focuses on caring for those personal, hard-to-talk-about areas of women’s health. We offer personalized, compassionate care for pelvic floor dysfunction including urinary incontinence and prolapse, sexual health concerns including low desire, low arousal, orgasmic disorders and pain, and vulvovaginal disease. We believe in a high-quality, holistic approach to wellness and collaborate often with multiple specialties to find the best treatment plan for each woman.
Personal Matters of Women’s Health
We understand these issues have a major impact on quality of life and can require different approaches at different stages of life. We are committed to partnering with you to work toward the best, individualized plan for your goals and improved health in these important areas of your life.
What sets us apart:
- Individualized treatment options including lifestyle modifications, medical management, physical therapy, and surgical interventions.
- Our pelvic health team includes, Kathryn (Kate) A. Copeland, MD, MPH, fellowship-trained urogynecologist, board certified in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery; Cara Berg Raunick, DNP, CNP, CSC, doctoral-prepared women’s health nurse practitioner; Jeffrey Blake, MD, FACOG, FPMRS, board certified in obstetrics and gynecology and sub-specializes in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery; and Marilyn Frazier-Hartwell, R.N., ANP, experienced adult nurse practitioner with experience in women’s health.
- Trauma-informed approach to care: Learn more
- Indiana’s only Certified Sexuality Counselor is at St. Vincent Carmel Women’s Center: Cara Berg Raunick, doctoral-prepared Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner with the St.Vincent Pelvic Health Program, is now Indiana’s only AASECT certified sexuality counselor. She is one of only 54 certified sexuality counselors in the country. AASECT, the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapists “is increasingly recognized as the guardian of professional standards in sexual health with its history of impeccable standards for training, experience and ethical behavior” (aasect.org).
Scope of Services
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction including:
- Overactive bladder
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder Pain Syndrome
- Genitourinary Syndrome of Menopause or Vaginal Atrophy
- Female Sexual Dysfunction including:
- Vulvodynia, vaginismus and sexual pain
- Low desire
- Low arousal
- Orgasmic disorders
- Vulvovaginal Disease including:
- Persistent vaginitis
- Vulvar skin disorders
- Survivor Clinic at St. Vincent Carmel Women’s Center
- Using a trauma-informed approach to care for the gynecologic health needs of survivors of sexual and intimate partner violence
You are not alone.
- While 20-55 percent of women experience urinary incontinence, fewer than half seek medical care. At the Pelvic Health Center, we have the trained staff to help you manage and treat this condition and other pelvic floor dysfunction.
- Approximately 40 percent of US women have concerns about their sexuality, and 12 percent report feeling distressed about it. Many women and healthcare providers report feeling uncomfortable discussing sexual health. At the Pelvic Health Center, we are committed to providing a safe, non-judgmental place for you to discuss and treat your concerns.
- Approximately 25 percent of women experience vulvodynia (chronic vulvar pain) in their lifetimes. 60 percent see three or more healthcare providers seeking diagnosis. Only 25 percent of women feel comfortable talking about these concerns with friends. At the Pelvic Health Center, we want you to feel comfortable discussing these challenging issues so we can help you improve your condition.
- Approximately 1 in 4 women will be affected by sexual or intimate partner violence in their lives. This can be a significant risk factor for the development of pelvic floor dysfunction, sexual health concerns, and chronic pain. At the Pelvic Health Center, we understand the dynamics and potential health consequences of violence and will work with you to make a personal plan to help you move toward your health goals.